Friday 13 September 2013

Transforming Texts - Homework

I have transformed a poem, based on slang from a 'chavy' love poem.

Original
What is 143? Baby, don’t hurt me
2nite
don’t make me ask the ?
are we bf and gf
or just bfs,
bc I kno u
and I need an answr 2night—
not l8r 2day,
not 2morrow
Our relationship isn’t bout a/s/l,
isn’t filled with kthxbai
after we, you kno, do it…
OMG, this is awk
alrite?
aka: our “situation”
bka: our love
are you my bf?
you dunno?
I'm busy, g2g,                                                                                                                                   
I luv u.
My version
What's 143?
Madam, don't distress me
This evening,
Don't force me to make the proposal
Are we companions?
Or are you just my dear friend?
Because I perceive you?
And I need a response tonight
Not later today
Not tomorrow

Our relationship isn't about sex,
it isn't occupied with conversation
After we have, sex..

Oh dear, this is awkward,
Hello?

Also known as: "state of affair"
Better known as: Our passion and love

Are you my partner, my love?

You're uncertain?

I'm unavailable, I have to depart

I love you.
                                                                                                                                     
                                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. I like this. Euphemism for sex more appropriate? Can anyone think of one which would fit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG dis wuz well gd, yh? dis poim iz well deep, yh, maid mi cri a milyun tuns uv teerz cuz iz so emosh nd remyndz me of mi nd mie mandemz ( plural cuz i gots lots uv bois, ya get me ) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

    (Beth Thorne and Josie)

    ReplyDelete